Thursday, October 6, 2011

Matchmaker, Matchmaker make me a match.

Do you notice when I can't think of anything for a title my fall back is some old song?  That's just how I roll.
I have a couple of more pieces to reveal in the lead up to PP&PM next week.  There is a lot of excitement in the air mixed in with all the rag weed, and dust from fields being cut, leaves dropping in droves.  It's funny that one of my last pieces was actually one of the first ones I purchased specifically for the purpose of beautifying for sale.  I guess she was buried in the back and pressed into service as a temporary work bench.  Here's her before, waiting her turn.

 It worked out for the best though, because in the mean time my friend Tammy, aka The Prairie Pixie, found a great table and chairs and literally had to put them all back together again ala Humpty Dumpty, and made them gorgeous.  Here is Tammy's Hazel in all her glory.  Since Tammy did not have a buffet piece to go with Hazel, I asked  if she would mind if I painted mine so that she would compliment her set.  We both used Versailles Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan.  The top of the buffet was definitely salvagable and so restained in Dark Walnut and Jacobean and topped off with several coats of Antique Oil. 
I did have to update the hardware as hers was incomplete, flimsy, and the few original pieces were mostly broken.  I opted for something very simple in an oil rubbed bronze finish.  Hazel's friend has nice legs doesn't she?  That top drawer is the longest single drawer I think I've ever worked on.  Like nearly 5 foot long!

I can't wait to get the two pieces together this week as we set up for the sale! Come see us, or at least Hazel and Ivy!

Have a great weekend!
Deb
Linking to:
http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2011/10/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-link.html

4 comments:

  1. I really love what you have done to this piece, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Shout out! They will absolutely look gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Buffet!!! Great job on it. I'd LOVE for you to share this over at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays on the Korner! http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2011/10/trash-2-treasure-tuesdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!