However, the process is included and the results are more stunning than the photos will ever show, and someday I'll update and include a wonderfully staged photo of a very worthy buffet.
Whew, now that I'm finished with the disclaimer let's get on with a reveal. This buffet is a CL find. The funny thing about this is that I was sitting at my parents house over Easter and noticed that one of their buffets was the same style. Lo and behold it is the exact same piece, and theirs has a funky one of a kind paint treatment with flowers and crackle painting that happened long before they picked up the piece.
Mine was in slightly sorrier shape having been most likely used in a garage or basement to store some kind of chemical stuff and had some water damage that had loosened up pieces along the way. We repaired all of that, added some baseboard trim and I went to town painting and retrying a nail head trim. About a year ago, I had a failed attempt at brilliance trying a nail head trim finish on my middle daughter's dresser. It's OK, but it sure didn't go like I had planned, and I think I threw out about as many bent nail heads as I ended up adding to her piece. Needless to say, I studied the process some more and finally found something that begged for some nail heads. Here is a brief tutorial.
One of the things I learned the first time around is that I needed a better pattern. Originally I used a tissue paper pattern , but they rip, and slide, and leave bits of paper behind that you have to pick out. This time I drew my pattern up on foam core board that I was able to lay on my piece and work with much more easily.
Have a Happy, Safe 4th of July!