Monday, October 3, 2011

Pepper Models our version of a Pet Bed

Good Morning!  With the Prairie Pickers & Peddlers Market looming in less than 2 weeks now I have been trying to tie up some of my smaller projects.  I was pretty productive this weekend and wanted to share two of the finishes.  Pepper, the distracter, was cooperative as model for one of my Vintage Suitcase Pet Beds. 
I've had this ladies suitcase for a long time and I finally got around to making it into the cute little kitty bed that I envisioned.  I found some wonderful "cat talk" fabric a couple of years ago and have been hanging onto it for this purpose.  Look.

Here's the flip side.
Too cute, yeah?
Because I like dogs equally I made a bed that could work for a smaller dog, or the family cat because you know if they want it they will take it over.  Just sayin'.

Nice, squisy, elevated.  and you have a classic pet bed that can easily be disguised as a suitcase sitting in the corner of the room.  A perfect new use for a vintage piece if you ask me. 

Updates about the Prairie Pickers & Peddlers Market can be found on the button in my top bar.  Come check us out if you are anywhere in our area!

Everybody up and get out there creating!
Deb

5 comments:

  1. That cat fabric is too cute! Love the pet beds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so cute! I love the idea of turning vintage suitcases into pet beds. Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Less than two weeks, how exciting! Those little pet beds are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy macaroni girlfriend! Those are the cutest things EVER!!!! What a terrific idea! I know a little cat owner/lover in this household who is going to covet that kitty bed! You are beyond talented, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this in Person! And.... it is AWESOME! So adorable and I can just envision the cold winter evenings with a fire in the fireplace and little Pepper snuggled all warm in this too FAB bed.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!