Saturday, October 12, 2013

Edgar Allen Poe Desk

Pin It
Now I really  wish I had painted a crow on this one somewhere!  Here is another quick reveal of a piece bound for the Prairie Market next weekend.
My sweet Mr. showed up with this desk one day after work.  I thanked him profusely and then reminded him of all the sorority house desks we had stowed in the lower garage.  We figured it out as I'll show you later, but this desk didn't need too much work to be beautiful again.  The top was sanded and re-stained and I love it.
See how pretty it is?  I thought a classic color would really suit this piece and chose a nice black by The Plaster Paint Company.  I'm just all into trying all these new paints lately.  Good times.
So many times I end up changing the hardware for something more current and fresh, but I actually liked the look of the brass with the black, and it cleaned up so nicely so I stayed with it.  This will be for sale at The Prairie Market.  Along with many of those sorority desks that aren't desks any longer.  I'll explain later!  
Deb

4 comments:

  1. It came out amazing! The hardware is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful classic piece. It will go in any home. Oh, I think I might have to check out the Prairie Market.
    Have a great week!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!