Friday, May 17, 2013

Parade of Homes Buffet

You have been warned, more crappy cell phone shots, in the workshop no less!  Still from the series of, ahem, lovely photos taken in the workshop, totally unstaged because things were moving so fast.  Here is a wonderful Bassett Buffet that I refinished.
And, even stranger this is apparently the only photo I have of this piece.  I promise to take fresh photos when I get this picked up from Omaha's Spring Parade of Homes that it is visiting the past 2 weeks.  This particular buffet (for you locals wanting to see it in person) happens to be at a a home in the Valley Shores neighborhood.  A lake community just west of Omaha.  

I really wish I had a photo of the inspiration art work for this piece.  If you go the double canvas art work right above it was the inspiration for the color and treatment on this buffet.  I started with a ASCP Duck Egg base, then layered on a hit and miss dry brush of ASCP in Provence.  On top of that hit it with a scattered dry brush of ASCP in Old Ochre and a metallic paint in Silver Sage.  Lots of layers on this one!  The last was a light dry brush in metallic  antique copper and metallic bronze.  It was waxed to finish it off, and the original hardware was sprayed in Oil Rubbed Bronze and replaced.  

She is one heavy lady so we added some wheels for mobility and I re stained the top and finished it with a wipe on poly.  

There is also a pair of Ethan Allen side tables down at the show in another home (same neighborhood) that I did not even get their photo taken as they were literally completed the day before we delivered.  I hope to introduce you to them when we pick them up as they are quite fun in white-washed bleached wood look for a warm California beach feel.  Fun to do!  They were planning to use the 2 tables side by side as a coffee table.  

This week I have been working on a couple of custom orders and trying to outfit my growing children for summer.  Amazing how fast they grow up!

And I can not leave without sending out a HUGE Thank You to Three Mango Seeds for featuring my Birds on a Branch Dresser.  That was so sweet, and the best part was I found a new and very inspirational blog to follow!  WooHoo!  Go check Three Mango Seeds out and see for yourself all the cool projects they have going, and what looks like some neat parties to visit and link to!
Three Mango Seeds
Our weekend will include a baseball game, soccer game, several graduation parties, and some grace from worship! May your weekend also be filled with Fun and Grace!
Deb

5 comments:

  1. It's just gorgeous - love your technique on the " body " of the dresser and that you left the top wood!
    Have a great wknd
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome buffet. Kids to grow up... There is no stopping it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the finish Deb! What a great storage piece. And she looks big and heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful piece of furniture and the color is the perfect choice! I love your other number furniture pieces too!
    Have a great week
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!