Thursday, May 9, 2013

Get a Number!

Somewhere in last week's frenzy I managed to complete another piece that I had in the works for a while.  This was one of the saddest, OK the second saddest, pieces that I've ever picked up.  We actually did pay for it, but not much because not one. single. drawer. piece. was put together.  It was just a shell of a cool looking dresser, with drawer pieces that "just needed the fronts put on".  Oh, and maybe it would have been better to say needed drawer fronts for 2 of the drawers.  Plan B:  pull out the drawer runners on the bottom drawers and even up the floors of those spaces and paint them out.  Baskets.  Plan B is for Baskets.
Disclaimer:  More bad cell phone photos because this flew out the door to NJ & Co. as soon as the wax dried.
Remember this piece?
Well I still haven't gotten over my fixation with numbers apparently...or green.
I actually left the original black paint finish on this as my base and then painted over with a custom mix of paint.  1 c. Versailles Chalk Paint mixed with a 2 ounce sample jar of Benjamin Moore Dill Pickle.  This horrible photo does not do the color justice.  And to be honest it really turned out similar to MMS Luckett's Green Milk Paint which I've used a couple of times and loved.
I actually have to say that I was kind of excited that the drawer fronts were missing, which my husband totally did not get by the way, just so that I could buy some baskets and create a unique storage piece.
So here she is, a new and versatile piece saved from the landfill and ready to go in your home.  She's fun, she's sturdy, and she's useful, ah a match made in heaven!

Have a great weekend, and hope all the Mothers have a wonderful day on Sunday!
Deb
Linking to:

Furniture Feature Fridays

5 comments:

  1. I love the baskets, the numbers and the color! A real one of a kind treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be such a fun changing table! or in a playroom, too- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Great graphics, great color, great redo.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great save! Love the numbers! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realize that I am kinda late reading this post, but I enjoyed it non-the less! I don't have a ton of time to keep up, but there are just a few of you that I must see what's your up to...even if it takes me a few days to peek.

    Love what you did with this piece. Your phone pick is just fine. It communicates and that is all that matters Missy! lol

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!