Monday, July 20, 2015

A Whirlwind

Pin It
There was quite the whirlwind around here, as there always is right before the sale.  It takes a lot of work to create enough to stock our big events.  We had a wonderful time, even though the heat was very oppressive!  We appreciated each and every customer that took the time and were willing to wilt a bit while browsing our things.  Not sure if we will choose July again for a sale though!

I finished several pieces that I didn't even have time to blog about.  I thought I would tell you a bit about them now that things are moving a bit slower.

Last year when I did Junkstock I bought a table from a fellow vendor.  She had stripped it down and refinished it.  It's a lovely solid and very wide table with beautiful lines.  This gal was not able to sand down past some of the wear and tear, but I never mind most of that once it is re-stained.  It's the character and story of that piece, just like the lines and scars we all have.  She did a beautiful job, so I left the top alone and only painted the legs and apron.  Then I found some chairs that matched her style and viola`, she was ready to go.  And she was looked over a lot!  Sadly she didn't leave the barn, so she's still available if you are near Omaha, NE!!!
The table base is painted in DIY Paint, Prairie Gray, the chairs in Mermaid Tail.  The seats are recovered in a fabric that matches both colors perfectly.  This table measures 45 inches wide x 54 inches long.  That's wide enough to put two smaller sized chairs on the end for a large gathering.  The large gathering is possible because there are three leaves that are 12 inches each.  She makes into a BIG table!

Look at that beautiful wood.  Solid wood.  Hard to find at a reasonable price these days.  It's stunning and if I could talk my husband into moving the piano downstairs I would probably just keep this one myself.  But, it's a piano, and you know how that goes.

This fabric is just perfect with the 2 colors.  I really debated about going bold with the chairs.  You know though, life is too short to always take the safe route and these chairs are fun, flirty, and say that whoever owns them is not afraid to laugh out loud and enjoy life!  Ok, I made that last part up, but you know what I mean.  Live it up, have fun and here's the dining set to help you do it! ;-)

Let me know if you have the perfect spot for these!  And have a great week with, thankfully, much more pleasant weather for us!
Deb

1 comment:

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!