Thursday, June 25, 2015

To Learn Something New

Pin It
It always seems like a good idea.  You know, learning something new for my business, until it comes down to crunch time anyway.  I have two chairs, and no before photo so use your imaginations please, with rush seats.  The seats were a bit worse for wear if you know what I mean, but otherwise the chairs were in perfect condition.  Sometimes I feel the need for explaining why I would even buy some of what I buy.  Anyhow, with preps madly under way for Prairie Market (mark your calendars now!), I just kept pushing them back because I knew what dealing with them meant.  Yup, tackling something I had never done before.  And sometimes you just have to decide, do I really WANT to learn something new this week or not.  Obviously I chose not to tackle this right now.  No Thank You!  I will someday, but not this time around.  So then what to do with 2 chairs with less than desirable seats?  Make a bench of course!

And with the Mr.'s help that's just what we did.  I think I like it more than I would have with 2 new chairs.

It is so sturdy with those nice big bolts anchoring it down.  Wouldn't it be cute in a mud room, or for a pop of color on a grand front porch?

It is finished in a color called Peacock and a product from Heirloom Traditions called Aqua Clear.  Heirloom Traditions is the parent company and manufacturer for Debi's Design Diary DIY Paint that I retail.  I can not tell you how much respect and love I have for Paula at HT and Debi at DIY Paint.  They are both so forward thinking and kind and respectful and I could go on forever.  I am able to retail some HT products in my booth and I will be adding Aqua Clear for sure with my next order.  I wanted to work with it before I offered it to you so I could help you with your projects.  I LOVE it a lot.  It is a water resistant finish, not water proof (so don't go putting my bench out in the middle of your rose bed in the rain).  But a covered porch should be just great!


So here is another lovely offering for the Prairie Market sale on July 17 & 18 in Gretna at the Big Red Barn by the Middle school.  We are all working feverishly to finish up some great products for you.  I tell you, we are really going outside the box with some creative endeavors this year.  You need to mark your calendars.  While you are at it, you can follow me on Facebook by pushing that handy little "F" button on the sidebar.  And though there is no button for it (because I never thought I would join) you can also follow me on Instagram (TWICENICEFURNITURE), and Prairie Market is also on Facebook with lots of pre-sale photos (Prairie Market Gals) and you should follow that too!  I will stop because I am starting to sound bossy again.

Have a super weekend!  It's almost here so hang on!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!