Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Liebster Blog Award

Kathy at Petticoat Junktion blessed me with an award this evening!  I am humbled and greatly honored to have been found out here in this vast cyber universe.  When I jumped off my big virtual cliff last Spring I was pretty secure with the knowledge that I would have good local friends that would be supportive.  What I had no idea about was this larger community of like-minded people in blogland who would offer such wonderful encouragement along the way as I continued to experiment and grow with my furniture restyling business.  Thank you Kathy for following and encouraging me and countless others too!  Your blog is so much fun to follow and you are an amazing furniture painting guru!! 

The Liebster Blog Award is presented to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

Liebster is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

Here are the rules for participating in the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love too!

So without further ado:

Flo at Go With the Flo
Flo does the most beautiful work on her painted furniture.  She is just so uber talented, but I think what I admire most is her awe inspiring Spirit and Faith.  You must visit her blog to see how generous, loving, smart and dedicated she is.  Her dedication to the children of Uganda is truly moving.

Hollie at I'm Busy Procastinating
Hollie has been busy redecorating her gorgeous home.  She also restyles her furniture with paint in luscious colors!  I think Hollie probably caught me with her blog title.  I can so relate as nothing in my own home ever seems to get out of first gear.  I love how she shares her process.  Check it out, I bet you can relate too.

Colleen at The Painted Turtle
Colleen actually found me as she & I started our blogs about the same time with similar goals in mind.  She has some amazing pieces of furniture that she has painted, and launched a very successful first show recently.  I was struck by how genuinely she offered her support and shared her show experiences so that we could have our own successful sale.  I love that the blogs allow us to make friends around the country who share our same interests and passions.  Stop by and see how Colleen launched her business!

Betsy at Betsy Speert's Blog
Betsy probably thinks I'm some weird kind of stalker because I have never really had much dialogue with her, but I have nominated her for a couple of awards.  She is the most marvelous decorator and story teller!  I follow her blog faithfully and not only gain a lot of great decorating tips but I am highly entertained with her style of writing.  If you've not visited her yet I highly recommend you do so today.

Julie & Sharon at Vintage Shabby Chicks
I have to say that I just "found" Julie & Sharon's blog recently.  They will be big soon, trust me, their furniture redo's make me drool...figuratively, but still!  I see big success for these gals as they build their followers and business.  Stop over there and just look at their portfolio for some inspiration and ideas.  They are Fab I tell you.

There it is, and I wish I could have added about 15 more names.  This is an Awe-Inspiring place we visit every day!!  Thanks again Kathy!

Hope to have some more updated posts here very soon.
Until then...
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your award! It's been a great way to learn about new blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!