Monday, May 16, 2011

New Beginnings




Hello to new friends and old! I'm slowly getting myself set up for a new adventure. For many years I refinished antique and new furniture for our home. I've always loved picking through antique and vintage treasurers for something to use in our home. I was lucky enough to inherit a few family pieces, and the Mr. and I collected more during our military travels. Now I'm looking a little harder for those pieces (and wishing I'd stocked up more 20 years ago!), and I'm refinishing, repurposing, and upcycling those things to sell to others. It's funny how things begin sometimes, but during the month of February no fewer than 4 of my friends mentioned in casual conversation that "we should go together and start a business". It literally rang around in my head virtually NON-STOP for several weeks before I fianlly believed that maybe it was possible. We're all individually working on our "thing", but together we will be hosting an amazing sale sometime in the near future. I'll keep you posted on those developments. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by some of the most talented friends! We feed off of each other creatively, and I am so grateful for their support, input, and huge talents. I'm equally blessed to have a Mr. who is patient and forever my biggest supporter, as well as my children and family that are taking this huge leap of faith quite happily. I probably should have called this blog Lucky Lady!

Now, I'd like to share with you one of the first pieces of furniture that I refinished. Hopefully, this piece will find a new, loving home sometime in the future. As you can see from this before picture, this sweet little Lane Cedar Chest was stuck in the 70's...not that there's anything wrong with that. So much going for her right? Well, until I can figure out why blogger won't let me move my pictures around easily you'll just have to wait for the new grand reveal! So welcome to my new blog, Twice Nice, where all sorts of vintage things will get a new look or purpose!


Have a great day!

Deb














No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!