Thursday, February 12, 2015

Born on the 4th of July

Pin It
Yes, I know it is February.  At the time my heart was looking for red, I craved a deep, rich blue.  Like this...
So pretty with a snowy backdrop.  This is APC's 'Born on the 4th of July'.  It is a lovely, lovely Indigo blue with great, deep pigmentation.  It dresses things up like a classic navy blazer, or dresses them down like your favorite pair of jeans.
The original brass hardware is gorgeous against this color.  It looks elegant and sophisticated even with some gentle distressing.  Underneath a bit of Desert Cactus peeks out.
Up close you can see the subtle color movement.  It reminds me of the depth of the seas and light plays so beautifully across it.

I have one like this already or it would probably stay and live with me for a time.  But, as with most of the pieces I work on it is for sale and will move along and grace someone else's home.  What do you think of this grand French lady?

Have a lovely Valentine's Day with the ones who hold your heart!
Deb

5 comments:

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!