Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hoping for Patience!

Pin It
I have not been a very good blogger lately.  Lots of reasons, some of them related to Summer vacation for the children who already seem bored.  Well, except for the ones who are working a lot!
<Happy Face>  A multitude of medical appointments to get caught up on to keep us all eligible for the schools, camps, etc.  And I am working on trying to get all things up and running for the APC paint line.  I want to create some amazing workshops to introduce you locals to this amazing paints.  So, in between wrangling the children around, I know I only have 3 but it seems like more, I am working on schedules, and plans, and materials, and ordering more stuff, and completing some custom work, etc., etc., etc.  It's all good stuff and pretty darn fun when it all starts to come together.  So keep watching for some new reveals AND a completed class list for workshops here at my workshop!

In the meantime, I begged a few friends to come over and let me use them as "practice students" last week.  I am happy to say that they obliged (wine helps), and they ended up with some awesome finished pieces to take home.  Here are a few photos from our practice Paint-A-Piece workshop.

She painted a cute little oak side table in Amber Waves of Grain and did an awesome job with it!

Nicole used Shoreline to transform this adorable step stool.  I just love that color!

Niki chose a bold statement color, Orange Grove, to rehab this thrift store find for her daughter's room.

Niki sent this photo of the chair once she had the seat recovered and attached.
Isn't that awesome?!!!  I just love this, and bet her daughter does too.

So, all levels of experience with painting furniture and look what these fun and adorable gals took home with them!  Thank you Ladies, it was a blast, and I learned a lot just by having you over!

Email me if you think you might be interested in a class soon.  I'm starting an email list and as soon as the classes are firmed up I'll be sending that information out.  Click on the little envelope button under my photo and bio in the right hand column.

Have a super week!  Stay safe with all this stormy weather around.
Deb

3 comments:

  1. how fun that you got to teach your friends!!! love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the girls had fun and did a great job on their projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such fun! I want to take a workshop! Next time....let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!