It is a very simple process really. And that's what I like...simple process, big results.
I'll let you check out Amy's blog for the steps, but I will say that Annie Sloan's Graphite works beautifully for your base coat.
I just love that subtle shimmer.
My Zinc attempt is not quite as bright and light as Amy's but I am overall very pleased with the results. I may or may not go back over it again to lighten it up. I also love that any flaws in the finish only add to the texture of the process.
I finished my side table off with some square mercury glass knobs, which I have been dying to use on the right piece.
I definitely would love to make another Zinc piece like this for my home. Thank you so much Amy for sharing your talents with us!
A huge Thank you to Crafty in Canada for nominating me for a "One Lovely Blog" award!!
I've been remiss in passing on the award, but know that I am truly grateful and feel blessed to have been chosen. I can give you the 7 things about me though!
1. Being married to a retired Army officer leaves me still feeling the itch to move every couple of years.
2. I'm the oldest, I can get bossy really fast.
3. I'm more of a "get er done" gal than a stop and ponder gal.
4. I make up crazy songs at the drop of a hat. It now embarrases my teenagers, and makes tasks easier for my almost 7 year old. Either way it makes me smile more.
5. I'm a "phase" cooker. Sometimes I have a LOVE it phase and other times...not so much!
6. I can not seriously remember a time in my life that I wasn't busy doing something creatively.
7. I am quite the "Pollyanna", always have been/always will be. If you know what that means then you know my age. If not, then you'll have to check Wikipedia to see what it means.
Have a super week!
Linking to these FANTASTIC parties!: