Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It all adds up

I want to start by thanking Sharon of Elizabeth & Co., for the feature of Hard Candy Christmas!  I am happy to report that I found the perfect little stool to go with that Desk/vanity and can't wait to get it finished.

Numbers have never been my favorite thing before.  I was more of an English lit, history, social sciences kind of gal.  Math and Sciences intimidate me, well, that might be a bit strong but I never really enjoyed those classes.  Which is why you should never, ever schedule your math classes as 8:00 a.m. classes in college I tell you!

I love numbers now, the graphics at any rate.  Look what you can do with them!
This nice sized mahogany cabinet begged for something special on it's nice flat front.  I toyed with subway words (still going to do one soon), but then I ran across this, and remembered this, and I knew that I wanted to do another numbers project like I did here.
Paint is always humbling I think.  I had rather forgotten that latex paint does not like to have something peeled out from under it (reverse stencils) once it has dried. Yeah, I kind of kicked myself, then I decided to go for it, and just made the uneven look part of the distressed look.
How's that for a recovery!  Whew...
I followed the numbers theme all the way into the drawer with some fun fabric.
Obviously "Quality Control" did not follow up on the Minions "help" cleaning the inside.  It will be remedied!  2 shelves for lots of storage.
If you add it all together I think we have some success to celebrate!

linking up to
http://primitiveandproper.blogspot.com/2012/05/poww-90.html
http://missmustardseed.com/2012/05/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-a-link-party-11/
http://elizabethandco.blogspot.com/2012/05/be-inspired-features-and-link-party-21.html
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com/2012/05/creative-inspirations-linky-party-16.html
Have a great day!

Deb

11 comments:

  1. ooh i love this! love the numbers and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you about SUMMED it up with this piece...hahah good ol' puns!
    Really though I've seen my fair share of furniture with numbers but this is by far one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS! I've done several projects with number graphics and just love the way they come out! (seen here: http://bluestarantiques.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-numbers-thing.html ) Love the way yours came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute redo, I love the color and the graphics are soooo cool!

    Hugs, Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love it Deb! I think numbers and letters just look cool. Great shade of green too. And good recovery - sometimes you just have to roll with punches, or in this case, the paint! ... Thanks for taking the time to be a party regular. So happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty, fun and frech! Beautiful color, too!
    I would love if you came by my party to link this up - would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is pretty and I adore the numbers of course!!! So glad you linked this up so others could see! Thanks!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across this post while google searching refinished school chairs (for some inspiration) SOO glad I did, I absolutely adore this cabinet! Great job.
    -Jacque@theDIYvillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this. I'm no good at math either but I love numbers as far as graphics go too. The color is great and you did such a fantastic job. Found you at Miss Mustard Seed.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Green Color!
    I might have to try that,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!