Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where Has Summer Gone!

It's almost July!  Good Golly Miss Molly, where has Summer gone??  I have really good intentions of doing fun things with my kids, getting tons of stuff painted, fluffed, repurposed, sewn, hooked, finishing up some rooms of the house, taking a few nice relaxing vacations.  In reality we are spending a lot of time running one kid here or there for a lesson, activity, some friend time, trying desperately to keep up with the laundry, looking at a messy house and trying to get in the mood to fix a meal or two!  I sure remember a lot more down time when I was young, though my Mother would probably beg to differ.

Does that excuse my lack of posts this week?  Probably not, just a lot of whining.  I'll get over it.  Lest you think I'm totally slacking off I do have a couple of almost finishes that I hope to post tomorrow sometime.  In the meantime I thought I'd show you some of the smaller projects that I worked on.

Nice giant wooden bowl I scored this week, full of used softballs I also scored!  I love it when a plan comes together.
A few of the many chalk boards I've worked on.  Seriously, I have a problem stopping with these.  Hopefully lots of people will feel the need to organize their lives by the time we have our show!
Isn't he cute?  Look for more finishes tomorrow!

Stay cool!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. I've totally done the same thing lately....chalk boards...whooohooo! And I plan to do more cuz I just scored some great frames off the side of the road! Great job! Can't wait to see what else you've been working on.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!