Monday, May 7, 2012

Sit-Stay

I'm working on a project that is taking a bit longer to get the details taken care of so I thought I'd give you a fairly quick finish done a few weeks back to tide you over.
No before because I just randomly plucked this chair out and started immediately one morning.  But imagine a 1966 special order (the tag with fabric swatch was still attached on the bottom), pickled oak chair with avacado green pleather.  After a coat of AS Primer Red, a top coat of AS Old Ochre, and a coat of CeCe Caldwell's clear wax (love it) this is what you've got. 
I've had this fabric on hand for a long time, but I thought I'd give this chair a little shabby cottage look that would work in lots of rooms. 

Some distressing added.
And there you have it.  Sometimes a girl just needs a nice, quick, straightforward piece to work on!
For all the locals, I am almost finished updating the Pieces for Sale page.  You can find the button at the top of the blog and take your time browsing.  All of these items are for sale all the time, you don't have to wait for the next Prairie Market if you need it now!  Just give me a call or shoot me an email.
Thanks!  Have a great Monday!
Deb

3 comments:

  1. such a sweet chair- i love those swoopy arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chair is so darling!!! I love the fabric, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! and I can totally picture the before:0

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something, it will make my day!